Host an Event
Hosting an event in support of Children’s Health Foundation is a great way to get you, your family, friends and colleagues involved in making a world of difference in the lives of Island kids. We understand how much time and effort it takes to create a successful fundraising event, so thank you for considering hosting an event.
Over the years, we have been fortunate to be the chosen charity for numerous fundraising events. As a result, children and families throughout Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands have received much-needed help.
If you are looking for ideas, here’s a few to consider:
- Establish Casual Fridays or jean days at work for a toonie
- Host a sporting event e.g. hockey tournaments, kayak, hiking, climbing adventures, or relays
- Organize an event-a-thon (e.g. walk-a-thon, haircut-a-thon, marathon), book and bake sales, etc.
- Hold a corporate or family BBQ, picnic, or elegant dinner
- The sky’s the limit!
When you are ready to share your idea with us, please complete the online event application form.
Or, if you prefer to mail in your event application form, please print this form. Fill it out, and mail it to Children’s Health Foundation, 2390 Arbutus Road, Victoria, V8N 1V7
Or, call or email Jessica Bell or phone 250-519-6721.
Once we have received your form, we will review your event (to ensure it fits with our mandate and goals). We will be back in touch with you within five business days.
Once approved, we will send you a package including ideas to assist you with planning the event. Then, you host the event, charge a participation fee, or generate revenue in other ways, and send the proceeds (or a share of the proceeds) to us, as a donation (eligible for tax receipting in some cases).
Kids can help kids, too!
Every month, kids arrive at Children’s Foundation of Vancouver Island’s office with bags filled with coins they raised through lemonade stands and birthday parties. It is truly moving to see how eager they are to support children who need a helping hand.
The Kids Care program was created to support kids with their fundraising efforts, as individuals, or with their school or activity group. We welcome the opportunity to encourage this spirit of giving in kids through activities such as
- holding a fundraising event—e.g. lemonade stand or bottle drive.
- making a personal donation—e.g. one month's allowance or a portion of money earned doing extra chores.
- asking family and friends to donate to the Foundation instead of, or as part of, a gift for a birthday, graduation or other special occasion.
Receive a Kids Care Certificate
We recognize children who help others by naming them in the Foundation newsletter, and sending them a special certificate acknowledging their efforts.
If you have any questions about the Kids Care program please email Jessica Bell or phone 250-519-6721.